Diabetes is hard to manage. You can get a comprehensive understanding of the disease here and get the information about the latest treatments and get professional advices. read more
Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is a brand-new therapy based on traditional Chinese herbal medicines dating back thousands of years ago. It combines the essences of herbal medicines read more
Hormonal therapy is commonly used to treat Kidney Disease in clinic. It refers to use one or more than one hormone medicines to suppress the over-reactive immune reaction read more
Patients are suggested to treat kidney disease first before they get pregnant read more
If you are diagnosed with Kidney Disease, you should talk to your doctor about starting an exercise read more
Foods and Drinks play an important role in Kidney Disease patients read more
Kidney Disease News and Events read more
In every week, a famous experienced renal medicine specialist will be invited to help diagnose and evaluate inpatient's disease condition, offering detailed therapeutic schedule. read more
Celery juice is highly nourishing, even though some of its benefits are often mistakenly glossed over. For people with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), what they eat and drink have an important role in controlling their condition. Can CKD patients drink celery juice?
The answer is complex and changeable from person to person, because celery juice is good for some patients while is harmful for some other patients.
People with chronic kidney disease can drink celery juice
The minerals, vitamins and various nutrients of celery are in perfect harmony with each other. According to dietitian, celery is rich in vitamin A, B1, B2, B6 and C, and it is also dense in potassium, folic acid, calcium, iron, phosphorus, etc. Just because of these substances, people with the following conditions can get benefits from celery juice.
1. Swelling or edema: Celery contains active diuretic ingredients that can solve fluid and sodium retention, so as to relieve swelling.
2. High blood pressure: Through extending blood vessels and inhibiting the function of sodium on regulating blood pressure, celery is honored as one best vegetable for people with hypertension.
3. Anemia: Since celery contains rich iron, it can supplement the raw material of red blood cells largely. If you have renal anemia, celery is a good choice.
4. Diabetes: Diabetes is one leading cause of Chronic Kidney Disease. The research reports that celery juice is effective on lowering high blood glucose, thus dealing with diabetes.
People with CKD are suggested to avoid celery juice
Aside from the above nutritions, celery juice also contains a lot of crude fiber. Therefore, patients having some complications had better limit the intake of celery.
1. Gastrointestinal disease: Generally speaking, people with Lupus Nephritis or Purpura Nephritis are more likely to have gastrointestinal disorders. The crude fiber in celery can increase the burden on gastrointestinal tract.
2. High potassium or phosphorus level: As kidneys are damaged, potassium and phosphorus may build up in the blood. If you also have these problems, try not to drink celery juice.
Some other disorders may also keep patients away from celery juice. In view of this, consult the online doctor to determine whether you are the candidate to celery consumption before drinking it.