Diabetes is hard to manage. You can get a comprehensive understanding of the disease here and get the information about the latest treatments and get professional advices. read more
Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is a brand-new therapy based on traditional Chinese herbal medicines dating back thousands of years ago. It combines the essences of herbal medicines read more
Hormonal therapy is commonly used to treat Kidney Disease in clinic. It refers to use one or more than one hormone medicines to suppress the over-reactive immune reaction read more
Patients are suggested to treat kidney disease first before they get pregnant read more
If you are diagnosed with Kidney Disease, you should talk to your doctor about starting an exercise read more
Foods and Drinks play an important role in Kidney Disease patients read more
Rheumatoid arthritis is not fatal, but complications of the disorder may shorten survival by a few years in some patients. Kidney Disease is a well-recognized cause of ill health and death in individuals with rheumatoid arthritis.
What causes renal disease in rheumatoid arthritis?
* The most common cause of renal disease in RA is drug toxicity. Drugs used to treat arthritis such as gold and penicillamine may cause inflammation of the kidneys (glomerulonephritis), in 10-30% of patients. Anti-inflammatory drugs that are used for pain relief are also associated with the development of Kidney Failure and inflammation of the kidney.
* Another major cause of Glomerulonephritis in rheumatoid arthritis is amyloidosis. There is now also good evidence that RA may be related with the development of a glomerulonephritis. The main types described are a proliferative glomerulonephritis with or without IgA deposits, and a focal segmental necrotizing glomerulonephritis of the vasculitic type.
What are the symptoms of Kidney Disease in rheumatoid arthritis?
* Proteinuria - protein in the urine
* Edema or swelling of the body
* Hypertension - high blood pressure
* Pain, usually worse in the morning and after patients have been sitting for a while
* Poor appetite can lead to weight loss
* Warmth and redness
The above is a general introductions about causes and symptoms of Kidney Disease in Rheumatoid Arthritis. If there is still anything unclear, you can leave a message in the below or consult us online. Any of your questions will be answered soon!