Diabetes is hard to manage. You can get a comprehensive understanding of the disease here and get the information about the latest treatments and get professional advices. read more
Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is a brand-new therapy based on traditional Chinese herbal medicines dating back thousands of years ago. It combines the essences of herbal medicines read more
Hormonal therapy is commonly used to treat Kidney Disease in clinic. It refers to use one or more than one hormone medicines to suppress the over-reactive immune reaction read more
Patients are suggested to treat kidney disease first before they get pregnant read more
If you are diagnosed with Kidney Disease, you should talk to your doctor about starting an exercise read more
Foods and Drinks play an important role in Kidney Disease patients read more
Lupus nephritis refers to an inflammation of the kidney due to systemic lupus erythematosus(SLE). Proteinuria occurs nearly in all cases of lupus nephritis and also it can aggravate renal function. Therefore, reducing proteinuria is very important to slow down the disease progression and improve prognosis.
SLE is an autoimmune disorder, in which IgG, IgA, C3 and immune complexes deposit blood vessels. When they lodge in tiny blood vessels of kidneys, the body will initiate an inflammation to remove them. This inflammation can impair the tiny blood vessels which filter blood and preserve proteins in body normally. As a result, the proteins leak through glomeruli and end up in urine. That is how proteinuria occur in lupus nephritis. So how to reduce proteinuria in lupus nephritis?
* Dietary change is a crucial part in managing proteinuria. It is a wise choice for the patients to keep restrictive limitation on daily protein intake. The patients are recommended to take 1g/kg per body weight each day.
* Ask your doctor about using angiotensin-converting enzyme(ACE) inhibitors. It is common to use these inhibitors to treat proteinuria, as they have been shown to reduce the protein levels found in the urine.
* Steroids and immunosuppressive agents can suppress the inflammation in kidneys effectively and they are useful in controlling proteinuria. However, long-term dependence on these medications can cause many refractory side effects.
* Lower you blood pressure. Proteinuria is often found in combination with high blood pressure because high blood pressure weakens capillaries in the kidneys.
* The above treatment methods aim at reducing proteinuria in lupus nephritis, but they can not eliminate it completely. As protein in urine results from impaired kidney structure, the therapy should primarily focus on rebuilding tiny blood vessels structure in kidneys and improve renal function. In this way, the proteinuria can be controlled fundamentally.